|Company||Agilent Technologies, Inc.|
The LC Calculator quickly calculates flow rate and back pressure under a variety of conditions and column dimensions allowing you to explore “what if” scenarios. It was developed by Agilent Technologies, Inc (www.agilent.com/chem).
 Technical Details
Use the Back Pressure Calculator to determine what column configurations will work within your system's pressure range. Use the Flow Rate Calculator to find the column flow rate generated at your desired system back pressure.
How it works:
- Select column dimensions
- Select the solvent — (ACN/H2O) or (MeOH/H2O)
- Adjust the % organic solvent
- Set the temperature of the column within the allowable range of 20-100° C
- Set the Porosity value. Porosity is the interparticle space in the column and typically has a value of ~0.40
- Slide or double tap the flow rate or back pressure slider bar at the bottom to calculate the back pressure or flow rate generated
 Licensing & Availability
LC Calculator is free software, and is available on iTunes.
- Agilent Technologies, Inc.
- More information and support
- Optimize your methods quickly with the LC Calculator app
 User Reviews
"This app makes calculating flow and back pressure under any conditions so easy. LC chromatographers must see this calculator."
"Great program. I was easily able to find the maximum flowrate for several concentrations of mobile phase (acetonitrile/water) for a new HPLC method in development (it literally took a few seconds). I was able to run the conditions immediately and find the optimum solvent for my molecule. And it's free-sweet!"